Hello. My name is Frank Austad. I am the man behind the levers of the Franken Honest Substack, the Franken Honest Blog, and the Frank, No Mustard TikTok identity. Until recently I also had a YouTube channel called, Frank – No Mustard. For several years I steadily grew this channel, using AI tools such as InVideo ( www.invideo.io ) while also occasionally shooting videos on my phone or a handy GoPro camera. It was a lot of fun watching my channel grow. My channel dealt with issues such as Climate Change, Voting Rights, Anti-Vax myths, and our national trend toward authoritarianism. Eventually I grew from only a handful of subscribers – about 13 or so, to nearly 40 subscribers – a larger handful. I became interested in the Donald Trump/Jeffrey Epstein/Ghislaine Maxwell scandal, and produced a couple of videos about it. While I was on vacation recently, I found that YouTube had deleted my channel. They claimed that my channel violated their community standards for fraud and sp...
Artificial intelligence has gone mainstream. As U.S. tech companies have raced to release shockingly powerful large language models, public reaction ran the gamut from rapture to horror. Policymakers from Washington to Beijing realized quickly that generative AI, and successive AI breakthroughs, would crown new market leaders, hand more decisions to machines, put cyberattacks on steroids and fundamentally alter people’s trust in what they see, read or hear. Biden has taken a keen interest in understanding the inner workings of large language models and how the U.S. could turn AI into a lasting economic advantage. Biden’s White House issued a highly technical but far-reaching AI executive order last year that surprised even close observers with its ambition. The order mobilizes a wide range of government powers to tackle the potential risks of AI, in areas from discrimination to national security. It also sets new guidelines for safety, including standards for new models and mar...
Biden inherited messy interagency fights jeopardizing U.S. leadership in 5G wireless technology, which imperiled the government’s ability to auction off valuable spectrum ranges used for commercial wireless technology. Agencies feuded over how to use different chunks of these airwaves during the previous administration, often pitting the Federal Communications Commission against the Pentagon, Transportation Department, and other departments that have their increasing demands for spectrum to operate military radars, aviation equipment, and other systems. These fights continued into Biden’s term, fueling anxiety over U.S. economic competitiveness and its ability to vie against global rivals like China, which seeks to dominate the wireless ecosystem and subsidize telecom giants like Huawei. The White House issued a national spectrum strategy and presidential memorandum, which created a system empowering both his Commerce Department and, when necessary, White House officials, to se...
Comments
Post a Comment